Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2018 Port Wine
The story of Dow’s is unusual amongst all the great Port houses. It began in 1798 when Bruno da Silva, a Portuguese merchant from Oporto, made a journey which was the opposite to that of the first British merchants. The Port shipping business was continued by Bruno’s son, John da Silva who in 1862 brought into partnership Frederick William Cosens. With the continuing expansion of the firm, Edward da Silva and Frederick Cosens were joined by George Acheson Warre, whose well known family had been involved in the Port trade since its earliest years. In 1877, Silva & Cosens merged with another leading Port company, Dow & Co.
Although smaller than Silva & Cosens, Dow & Co had become a very highly regarded Port producer with a particularly fine reputation for its Vintage Ports and when the two companies merged, it was decided to adopt DOW’S as the brand name
For over two centuries the name of DOW has been associated with the finest Port from the vineyards of the Upper Douro Valley. Throughout the 20th Century and into the 21st, the Symington family has built on the legacy of the preceding Silva and Dow families.
Dow’s attractive and distinctive drier finish is the recognisable hallmark of the wines from this great Port house.
- Tasting Poznámky
- Powerful wild red-fruit flavours, leading into rich black chocolate notes, the whole balanced by complex, attractive and peppery tannins
- O nás
- 16 - 18oC
- Užijte si
- Ideální s dezertem, tmavým čokoládou, sýrem nebo na vlastní pěst na konci jídla.
- Velikost láhve
- Bílé maso, těstoviny a grilované mořské plody
- Rok výroby
- Senhora da Ribeira combine the best of traditional winemaking practice, evolved over centuries, and the latest state-of-the-art automated systems. Three granite ‘lagares’ for foot treading are complemented by three ‘robotic’ lagares
- Charles Symington
- No related products at this time.